Even though the temperature is still low, spring is here and once a year, it's a good idea to give your home a checkup. Finding problems or potential problems in their early stages usually gives you the best chance to make repairs more easily and less expensively than if problems are allowed to worsen over time.
The kinds of things you'll want to monitor in your home include:
* Gutters and downspouts: Inspect for leaf and debris buildup that can cause overflow problems.
* Paint: Make sure painted surfaces aren't peeling or cracked, exposing wood to weather damage.
* Windows: Check the weatherproofing and caulking and replace cracked panes.
* Roof: Inspect tiles or shingles and flashing to prevent leaks; clean off any moss.
* Appliances: Check and replace frayed electrical cords, damaged plugs, and cracked or leaking hoses.
Proper care and maintenance will keep your home safe, attractive, and comfortable. Taking good care of your home helps reduce the need for expensive repairs and ensures that your home will command top dollar when you decide to sell.
Please don't hesitate to email or call me if we can help you with any real estate needs or answer any questions for you.