Friday, March 19, 2010

'My life flashed before my eyes'

From time to time I pick up a favorite book of mine --"Stay Tuned" written by my friend Jenniffer Weigel. If you haven't read it you should. In it, she talks about a lot of things but one thing I've thought about lately is a conversation she had with James Van Praagh. I'm not going to detail who he is and all that. The point is, he says when someone dies, they see how their life affected everyone around them. Basically it's like watching a movie --every lie, every laugh, every tear is felt again. We feel all the emotions that we put on others when we were living. Although he claims it's like watching a movie, he says it happens in an instant, hence "my life flashed before my eyes." I know it sound freakin' bizarre and I'm not sure if I agree or not, but it is kinda cool. For me though, I think in addition to seeing how I affected others, I'd like to be reminded of how some have affected me.

Once in awhile someone says something to me about myself, both good and bad --that sticks in my head. Sometimes it makes me laugh, sometimes it makes me feel good and sometimes it stings. Either way, this kind of stuff is probably what I'll remember as I pass into that other dimension. Woowoo I know, lol. Anyway, here are some that I can think of right now. I know I can't remember them all at this moment, but so be it!  One last thing -- I'm not going to share the context of the statements -- you can intrepet as you wish. If you really want to know email me and I'll share. :)  Here are a few off the top of my head in no particular order...



"You're dangerous"

"You are loyal to a fault"

"She already pretty much ruined your life"

"You are a gift from God"

"You really are crazy, you know that?"

"You had the world by the balls"

"You're a lone wolf"

"You never change and I love that"

"I recognize that walk anywhere"

"You're family"

"You're the best that ever came out of here" 

"Are you that bad of a businessman?"

"say Wisconsin"

"I feel like I'm in a movie [when I'm with you]"

"You're a romantic"





Bookmark and Share

No comments: